Welcome to Our Blog

This blog was started to allow friends and family to see what is going on in our lives. Sit back, hold on and stay a while. It's going to be a bumpy road with a four year old and a newborn on board.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cooking with Mason

So last week I was cooking supper and Mason was sitting in the floor looking at a cookbook. He found a recipe with shrimp that he wanted me to cook so I told him we would get the ingredients and we would cook it together. He loves to cook. So all week he's been asking if we could make his shrimp but I kept having to tell him we didn't have the stuff that we needed yet. Thursday night we finally made it to the grocery store and got everything and I told him we would make it last night. I thought I would share it.





The recipe was called Shrimp Monterey. It was super easy and delicious. I will definitely be cooking it again. The only change I would make would be to add a little more chicken broth in it so that the sauce was a little soupier. Oh, and if you notice the cheese looks really orange that's because I had to get shredded Monterey Jack and cheddar together. I couldn't find just plain Monterey Jack cheese. I served this over pasta but I'm sure you could do it over rice too. I have provided the recipe below for those of you who actually cook. :o)

Shrimp Monterey
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons butter
2 pounds uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley

In a skillet over medium heat, saute garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add shrimp; cook for 4-5 minutes or until pink. Using a slotted spoon, transfer shrimp to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish; set aside and keep warm. Add wine or broth to the skillet; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until sauce is reduced. Pour over shrimp; top with cheese and parsley. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.

No comments:

Post a Comment